Wednesday, June 23, 2010

La la land..."photography scare"

Night of the June 23, 2010

There are only little bits and pieces that I can remember, but I know that at one point I was going to be headed over to a wedding that I was photographing. I got there and realized not all of my stuff was together. There was another photographer taking pictures of them already when I got there, but I just kinda scooted my way in there. I knew that my settings were off, but I didn’t want to waste any time so I didn’t care. The ceremony was about to start and I didn’t have my flash hooked up or anything. I felt very flustered and frustrated with myself for not having it all together (I think this is because I had a bride in real life that was saying I didn’t have a flash even though I did and had been using with her for the past hour). I then ran up to where I needed to be and began to take the pictures. I felt fine finally. I saw my dad in the crowd and he tried to hand me a memory card even though I already had one. I turned to the person next to me and started bragging to them about how my dad was in a rock band. Then I woke up. That’s about all I can remember.

Like I said, I think part of this dream had to do with this one real life bride that talked about me like I was inadequate when I really actually did feel all together. Her pictures turned out great. She had told the coordinator that I didn’t have a flash and I didn’t even have a website. It really frustrated me. Although another part of me just thinks that the dream was playing out what I fear most about weddings. I never fear being able to take good pictures, I fear not having all of my equipment together or for something to malfunction. I don’t exactly know what the part about my dad and the memory card was all about, but I do know that I do brag about him to people about him being in a rock band so that I’m not surprised!

I hoping that from now on, when I have these dreams, I can write them down on a hand written journal right away and transfer it later. Well that’s it for now!

No comments: